-COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Portfolio BI is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This position can be based in our New York office or remote within the United States.
Portfolio BI(PBI) empowers the most sophisticated buy-side ﬁrms to take control of their portfolio and operational data. Born from the merger of LUX FTS and NorthPoint, and backed by Credit Suisse Asset Management's NEXT Investors, our clients benefit from integrated platforms, local technological expertise, and seasoned financial experts.
The Application Support Engineer will partner with customers to resolve customer requests using technical skills acquired from a software/application development background, either through professional experience or college education. Training will be provided on the business domain, applications, and technology. The support engineer will utilize that to provide application and technology insight to help our clients create solutions to complex real-world financial workflow issues.
The role will suit a technologist that enjoys developing a broad business insight and using technology as a vehicle for rapid accurate real-world problem-solving.
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to:
- Utilizing company training resources to develop the financial domain knowledge, application knowledge, and technology understanding required to assist our customers.
- Development of new integrations between the platforms and third-party applications
- Development of reports and custom web grids / Windows form grids to meet bespoke customer requirements
- Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of customer questions and issues.
- Assist development and business owners with the root cause analysis and solution development for recurring issues.
- Performance analysis and improvement for application database processes
- Maintaining customer contact on open issues – being responsive to customer follow-ups
- Performing routine audits of systems for preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
- Multi-tasking and prioritization of open issues
Mandatory Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Above all else - an in-built desire and ability to analyze and design solutions for challenging problems
- A demonstrable ability to understand C# code
- A demonstrable ability to write SQL queries
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize whilst remaining calm in a multi-customer financial environment
- Communicating effectively through email and in a phone conversation
Useful Knowledge and Skills
The company can assist the right college graduate with the development of these skills in on-the-job training.
- ETL design and troubleshooting
- An understanding of financial instruments and the capital markets – especially relating to buy-side order management, trade execution, third party reporting and position management.
- Data warehousing
- Writing detailed SQL queries and objects
- SQL performance monitoring
- Common .Net classes – programming, testing, and debugging in Visual Studio
- Basic networking
- Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts.
- Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or with a strong computer science component.
- Experience is not mandatory – we can train from the graduate level whilst also utilizing the existing domain knowledge of experienced candidates to further enhance our client service capabilities.